Android Studio 2.3 Canary 2 to the Canary and Dev channels. This build contains a large number of bug fixes and a handful of new features.
Below are highlights of some of the major changes in this release:
Lean Navigation Updates
we have an updated toolbar with the AVD & SDK Manager icons for those who just use the lean Navigation Toolbar and not the full Toolbar.
- Applying Patches from Android Studio Canary 1 was broken. A fix should be in Canary 2 going forward. (SDK Patches continue to be broken and we are still working on a fix for this new feature.)
- Android Studio and the Kotlin plugin should now be functional again.
- Many other bug fixes as well.
To download go to the Canary channel page or switch automatic updates to the Canary channel by following the steps below.
- Open the Settings dialog (File > Settings on Windows/Linux, or Android Studio > Preferences on Mac).
- In the left panel, select Appearance & Behavior > System Settings > Updates, then select a channel from the drop-down list.
Beta 1 of Android Studio is now available in the Canary, Dev and Beta Channels. Check out the full details at the source link below.